Music, lyrics, thoughts, mindless rambling at your fingertips.

Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Confession

Just some lyrics I wrote back in September of 2005. So much of what I write is affected by what is going on in my life on a personal level. This one is no exception. I would love comments on whether on not this is good or bad. Music and recording will come some day. I have ideas for the music, but I'm not the best at composing music. I think I am much more talented at the lyrical end. However, I do play guitar. Though so badly, I should have no right to even mutter that last sentence.

My Confession

This has never happened before
The way I have hit the floor
Don’t want you thinking it happens often
No use in breaking my feelings down to nothin’
And it would be a mistake when you need a friend
You may need me to be more, so cast your sin
I’m not condescending to your faults
I’ve got mine too, out they sprawl
But who wants the perfection
It’s not real just airbrushed in
Or a ten second sound clip of the best imitation

We stay for the other thinking what to do
Like the train we wait for and miss, life could pass on through
But this feels good like something right if you haven’t surmised it yet
It could pass by like an evening sunset
Wouldn’t hurt us to try it
We know a sunset is a beautiful thing
So why do we miss it after each new day blooms
It will always be there that’s what we assume
So imagine just what this could bring
Whether you read it here or hear me sing
We all lose love whether it’s hatred, laziness, or the constraints of society
If I lose it all I want to know we tried together before the cards fell
You take the first step and it will help
Because I don’t want to fault myself for not trying
Though it may look like that I confess
I confess, I confess
Yes I do, yes I do
I do

This has never happened before
The way I have hit the floor

2 comments:

Main said...

These lyrics are really good. I love that you repeat the first line at the end. That gives it so much power.

Very well done, Kelly!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Main! I thought it was powerful to do that as well, so I am glad you like it. :)